PARKING SUMMARY - DOWNTOWN SKANEATELES
Parking in the Village of Skaneateles is governed by Chapter 212 of the Village Code. Copies of the Code are available in the Village Office. The information contained in this summary is intended to provide an overview of that chapter and a description of the main public parking facilities and regulations that govern and support the Village's downtown.
On-street Parking - Metered Spaces
Meters generally have a 2-Hour limit with a 3-Hour limit on West Genesee Street. Parking in excess of the limit shown in the meter display is a violation, even if money is deposited in the meter to extend paid time. (ss. 212-35)
Hours of enforcement are Monday through Saturday from 8 AM to 6 PM and Sundays from 12 N to 6 PM (ss. 212-26).
Skaneateles residents (Village and Town) are permitted to park free at all meters until 11 AM. A Transfer Station hang tag (obtainable at Town Hall, 24 Jordan St. for $20.00) is sufficient evidence of residency.
Meter rates are 15 minutes for a quarter ($0.25). Meters only accept quarters.
On-street Parking - Unmetered
All-day free parking is permitted on various village streets except at driveways, corners, hydrants, posted areas and at other restrictions. In general, parking is allowed unless posted to the contrary.
Overnight parking on village streets is permitted unless posted to the contrary. From November 15 to April 1, over-night on-street parking is prohibited.
Central Municipal Lot - Pay & Display
The municipal lot is abutted at its southwest by private properties with their own parking restrictions. Please respect them.
- Payment is due for parking during the hours of 8 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday and noon until 6 pm on Sunday. All vehicles in the lot during these hours must have a valid ticket or monthly parking pass displayed.
- Payment options at the Pay Stations are:
- The pay stations accept coins and credit cards.
Vehicles left in a parking stall without a valid Ticket or Monthly Pass during the hours of enforcement are violating the law (ss.212-36) and subject to being ticketed.
Over-night parking prohibition is posted for November 15 to April 1 please see lot map for overnight parking areas.
- A Monthly Parking Pass is available at the Village Hall. Click here for the 2017 Parking Pass Application.
Off Street Free Parking
- Free off street parking is available at several locations throughout the Village including:
- Behind the Post Office at 22 Fennell Street and Village Hall at 26 Fennell Street
- Town Lot at 75 Fennell Street (north of Ace Hardware)
- Austin Park Pavilion
- High School Overflow Lot on East Elizabeth Street
Municipal Lot Map