Welcome to the Village of Skaneateles!
Skaneateles… is a special place. As the Mayor I welcome you to our beautiful village located at the northern end of pristine Skaneateles Lake, the eastern gateway to the Finger Lakes. The purpose of our website is to provide information about our village and government services.
- The village was incorporated in 1833.
- We are a community rich in history and preserving an optimum quality of life.
- We have a population of 2,450 people in an area of approximately one and half square miles.
- Skaneateles Lake is the source of clean unfiltered drinking water for over 250,000 people.
- Skaneateles schools have won numerous state and national awards.
The strength of our community has always been our residents and I hope you find this website both useful and informative. Village officials and various boards and employees value your input. If you have comments or questions, feel free to contact the Village Office at (315) 685-3440 or email us. Village Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except from 1-2:00 p.m. when closed for lunch, Monday - Friday.