Welcome to the Village of Skaneateles!
Skaneateles… is a special place. As the Mayor I welcome you to our beautiful village located at the northern end of pristine Skaneateles Lake, the eastern gateway to the Finger Lakes. The purpose of our website is to provide information about our village and government services.
- The village was incorporated in 1833.
- We are a community rich in history and preserving an optimum quality of life.
- We have a population of 2,450 people in an area of approximately one and half square miles.
- Skaneateles Lake is the source of clean unfiltered drinking water for over 250,000 people.
- Skaneateles schools have won numerous state and national awards.
The strength of our community has always been our residents and I hope you find this website both useful and informative. Village officials and various boards and employees value your input. If you have comments or questions, feel free to contact the Village Office at (315) 685-3440 or email us. Village Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except from 1-2:00 p.m. when closed for lunch, Monday - Friday.
- December 21, 2016 - As of January 1, 2017, Code Enforcement office hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm and by appointment. The Code Enforcement Officer can be reached at 315-685-2118 to schedule an appointment.
- December 20, 2016 - Now that snow season is here, please keep in mind the following:
- From the Village Codes Office: Village Law - Sidewalk Snow Removal - The Village provides sidewalk plowing as a courtesy; however, the owner or occupant of any house or building is responsible for keeping sidewalks on their property free from obstructions.
- And a reminder from the Village Police: It is illegal, under New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law, to deposit snow on public roadways. All private snow plow operators shall refrain from pushing snow across roads.
- December 20, 2016 - Leaf picking is still going on and will continue as weather permits. Leaves are being composted so please do not mix brush in with leaves. Brush Pick-Up ended October 17th and will resume in the spring.
CLICK HERE FOR PARKING INFORMATION