Lake View Cemetery is located on West Genesee Street on the western edge of the Village of Skaneateles. The land was incorporated, as a municipal cemetery in 1871, however part of the land had been a private burial ground since 1812. Before incorporation more land was donated or purchased from John Briggs, James Cannings Fuller, Joel Thayer and Reuel Smith; prominent early citizens.
The beautiful rural landscaped cemetery, municipally owned, is now on over 30 acres. Within the cemetery are the Soldiers and Sailors monument designed by artist John D. Barrow and dedicated in 1893 and Burrows Chapel built by Charles Burrows in honor of his parents, David and Ellen Burrows. The stone structure erected in 1926 is used today for community services and burial celebrations. On the land's highest point is the Friends Plot donated by the Quakers, many of who lived in Skaneateles during the later part of the nineteenth century. Beautiful funerary statuary can be seen throughout the Lake View Cemetery.
Cemetery Board: Robert Gray III (Chairman), Roben Shappell (Deputy Chair), Mary Marshall, Susan G. Murphy, Peter Buehler
Lake View Cemetery Fees
Lake View Cemetery Burials
Lake View Cemetary Maps